A delisting refers to the removal of a particular cryptocurrency from Swyftx.
We periodically review each digital asset we list to ensure that it continues to meet the high level of standard we expect.
When a coin or token no longer meets this standard or the industry changes, we conduct a more in-depth review and potentially delist it.
When we conduct these reviews, we consider a variety of factors. We believe this best protects all our users.
Common reasons for delistings
Delistings happen for several reasons, including:
- One of our primary liquidity providers no longer supports the asset or associated network(s).
- Limited trade activity for the asset across the market, resulting in low liquidity and high slippage.
- Level and quality of development activity or commitment from the team behind the asset project.
- Stability and safety of network from attacks.
- Network or smart contract stability.
- The level of public communication.
- Evidence or a reasonable suspicion of unethical/fraudulent conduct or negligence.
- Lack of contribution to a healthy and sustainable crypto ecosystem.
When an asset is due to be delisted, we display a banner across the platform and notify customers holding that asset via email.
The timeframe available to holders to action either a sale or withdrawal of the asset following a delisting announcement varies depending on the basis of the delisting. We do our best to inform customers as early as possible to allow users to sell or withdraw the asset before delisting occurs.
After an asset is delisted
Unfortunately, if the delisting date has passed and you have not sold or withdrawn, you may be unable to do anything with a delisted asset.
However, you can contact our customer support team to confirm the current status of the delisting process for a specific asset.
It will be an extremely rare circumstance where we recommence trading or withdrawals of a previously delisted asset. If we were to relist a previously delisted asset, it would need to pass all elements of our asset listing checks.